The regional analytic element groundwater model (GW AEM) has 15 parameters that are included in the sensitivity and uncertainty analysis. The parameters govern the stochastic elements of the conceptual model, such as the coal seams and faults and the hydraulic properties of the coal seams, interburden and faults.
In the alluvial Avon and Karuah MODFLOW models, six parameters are allowed to vary. These include the hydraulic properties of the alluvium and the weathered zone, the riverbed conductance, recharge and a constant head offset that represents the interaction with the deeper basin. Hydraulic properties are assumed to be spatially uniform.
Product Finalisation date
- 18.104.22.168 Methods
- 22.214.171.124 Review of existing models
- 126.96.36.199 Model development
- 188.8.131.52 Boundary and initial conditions
- 184.108.40.206 Implementation of coal resource development pathway
- 220.127.116.11 Parameterisation
- 18.104.22.168 Observations and predictions
- 22.214.171.124 Uncertainty analysis
- 126.96.36.199 Limitations and conclusions
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product