As stated in Section 220.127.116.11, the objective of the numerical modelling undertaken as part of a (BA) is to probabilistically assess hydrological changes arising from coal resource development at water-related s and . The main objectives of the regional (GW ) therefore are (i) to provide the at the receptors located in the surface weathered and fractured rock layer (Section 18.104.22.168, Figure 3 and Table 4) and (ii) provide the change in groundwater levels underneath the Avon and Karuah alluvium for the (baseline) and (CRDP). These changes are used as the lower boundary condition for the Avon and Karuah alluvial MODFLOW models.
The MODFLOW models will simulate changes in groundwater level at receptor locations associated with the Avon and Karuah alluvium. The MODFLOW models will also estimate the change in – flux to propagate to the surface water models (companion product 2.6.1 for the Gloucester subregion ()).
In addition to the drawdown due to additional coal resource development at the receptor locations, probabilistic maps of the under the , the and the difference between the two (due to the additional coal resource development) will be provided.
There is no receptor for which changes in water balance are considered to be the . While changes in water balance therefore are not an objective of the modelling, probabilistic estimates of coal seam gas (CSG) water production rates will be provided by the while changes in the exchange flux between the surface weathered and fractured rock layer and the alluvium are discussed in relation to the MODFLOW models. A more comprehensive discussion on the water balance of the Gloucester subregion is presented in companion product 2.5 ().
Product Finalisation date
- 22.214.171.124 Methods
- 126.96.36.199 Review of existing models
- 188.8.131.52 Model development
- 184.108.40.206 Boundary and initial conditions
- 220.127.116.11 Implementation of coal resource development pathway
- 18.104.22.168 Parameterisation
- 22.214.171.124 Observations and predictions
- 126.96.36.199 Uncertainty analysis
- 188.8.131.52 Limitations and conclusions
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product