Page 27 of 56
- A steady-state initialisation. This initialises the model for the three other simulations. No mining is performed (i.e. no and no conductivity enhancement), nor is there any extraction of groundwater for non-mining uses. Rainfall and evapotranspiration vary spatially, but are set at their average values for the period 1980 to 2012, so they are not temporally varying. The reference heads for the general-head boundary conditions are set at their hydrostatic values. This simulation is run for 106 years to reach approximate steady-state under these average conditions. Because of the adaptive time-stepping capability of this simulation is computationally cheap, despite simulating 106 years of steady conditions.
- A no-development simulation. The heads at each finite-element node are initialised with their values from the steady-state simulation. No mining is performed. Groundwater is extracted via licensed . Rainfall recharge and evapotranspiration are spatially and temporally varying. The reference heads for the general-head boundaries are the heads from the steady-state simulation (not the reference heads from that simulation). This simulation runs from 1980 to 2102 on a monthly stress period.
- A simulation. This is identical to the no-development simulation, except that baseline mines are made active (including the groundwater extraction and conductivity enhancement for those mines).
- A simulation. This is identical to the baseline simulation except that all are also made active.
19 June 2018
Summary and download
Product Finalisation date
- 18.104.22.168 Methods
- 22.214.171.124 Review of existing models
- 126.96.36.199 Model development
- 188.8.131.52 Boundary and initial conditions
- 184.108.40.206 Implementation of the coal resource development pathway
- 220.127.116.11 Parameterisation
- 18.104.22.168 Observations and predictions
- 22.214.171.124 Uncertainty analysis
- 126.96.36.199 Limitations and conclusions
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product