Groundwater data are often patchy and poorly documented, particularly for regional applications. This has been identified in the Hunter subregion, particularly for depth to watertable and recharge.
The uncertainty analysis (Section 220.127.116.11 of companion product 2.6.2 for the Hunter subregion (Herron et al., 2018)) will help to quantify the magnitude of the uncertainty arising from poor observation data. The capacity to constrain groundwater model outputs with better localised data is expected to be limited. More information on data gaps will be provided in this product, since the modelling and analysis help identify the most significant data gaps and can inform recommendations for the future.
18 January 2019
Summary and download
Product Finalisation date
- 2.1.1 Geography
- 2.1.2 Geology
- 2.1.3 Hydrogeology and groundwater quality
- 2.1.4 Surface water hydrology and water quality
- 2.1.5 Surface water – groundwater interactions
- 2.1.6 Water management for coal resource developments
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product