Section 1.2.2 focuses on the coal and coal seam gas (CSG) resources in the geological Gunnedah Basin strata only, as this is where the current and historical mining activity occurs. Coal is mined in the central and eastern parts of the Gunnedah Basin using mainly open-cut methods, although one underground mine is in operation. Section 1.2.2 includes information on all the currently operating coal mines and CSG operations. For a development to be considered current, commercial production for that particular well or mine must have commenced prior to December 2012.
There is currently no CSG production for commercial purposes in the Namoi subregion. Some CSG production is occurring for appraisal and pilot testing and this information is discussed in Sections 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 .
Product Finalisation date
- 1.2.1 Available coal and coal seam gas resources
- 1.2.2 Current activity and tenements
- 1.2.3 Proposals and exploration
- 184.108.40.206 Coal
- 220.127.116.11 Coal seam gas
- 1.2.4 Catalogue of potential resource developments
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product