AECOM (2011) Centennial Myuna Pty Limited Myuna Colliery extension of mining environmental assessment. Viewed 31 October 2014, http://www.centennialcoal.com.au/~/media/Files/Myuna%20Documents/Environment%20Assessment/Myuna%20Extension%20of%20Mining%20Environmental%20Assessment_Volume_1.ashx.
Agnew D, Bocking M, Brown K, Ives M, Johnson D, Howes M, Preston B, Rigby R, Warbrooke P and Weber CR (1995) Sydney Basin – Newcastle Coalfield. In: Ward CR, Harrington HJ, Mallett CW and Beeston JW (eds) Geology of Australian Coal Basins. Geological Society of Australia Incorporated Coal Group Special Publication 1, 197–212.
Ahmed M and Smith JW (2001) Biogenic methane generation in the degradation of eastern Australian Permian coals. Organic Geochemistry 32, 809–816.
Baker JC, Bai GP, Hamilton PJ, Golding SD and Keene JB (1995) Continental-scale magmatic carbon dioxide seepage recorded by dawsonite in the Bowen-Gunnedah-Sydney Basin system, eastern Australia. Journal of Sedimentary Research A65, 522–530.
Basden H (1969) Sydney Basin – Greta Coal Measures. Journal of the Geological Society of Australia 16, 323–330.
Beckett J (1988) The Hunter Coalfield notes to accompany the 1: 100 000 Hunter Coalfield geological map. Coal Geology Branch – Department of Mineral Resources Report GS1988/051.
Burra A, Esterle JS and Golding SD (2014) Coal seam gas distribution and hydrodynamics of the Sydney Basin, NSW, Australia. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 61(3), 427–451. DOI: 10.1080/08120099.2014.912991.
Craig BS (2005) Geological factors affecting the occurrence and distribution of coal seam gas across the Hunter and Western Coalfields, Sydney Basin, NSW, School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences. University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
Creech M (1992) Geological controls on gas distribution in the Newcastle Coalfield. In: C.F.K. Diessel (ed) Proceedings of the 26th Sydney Basin Symposium on “Advances in the Study of the Sydney Basin”, Newcastle, Australia, 80–86.
Creech M (1994) Some aspects of coalbed methane in the Newcastle Coalfield. In: C.F.K. Diessel and R.L. Boyd (eds) Proceedings of the 28th Sydney Basin Symposium on “Advances in the Study of the Sydney Basin”, Newcastle, Australia, 110–117.
Geoscience Australia (2014) Sydney Basin cross section, Sydney Basin. Viewed 18 December 2014, http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/energy/province-sedimentary-basin-geology/petroleum/offshore-eastern-australia/sydney.
Glencore (2014a) Liddell Coal. Viewed 30 March 2015, http://liddellcoal.com.au/EN/Pages/default.aspx.
Golab AN, Carr PF, Palamara DR (2006) Influence of localised igneous activity on cleat dawsonite formation in Late Permian coal measures, Upper Hunter Valley, Australia. International Journal of Coal Geology 66, 296–304.
Hutton AC (2009) Geological setting of Australasian coal deposits. In: Kininmonth R and Baafi E (eds) Australasian Coal Mining Practice. The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Victoria, 40–84. Viewed 7 November 2014, http://ro.uow.edu.au/scipapers/733/#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh&id=I0_1402032380565&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fro.uow.edu.au&pfname=&rpctoken=60940979.
Idemitsu Kosan Ltd (2010) Idemitsu Australian resources, Muswellbrook Coal Mine. Viewed 8 December 2014, http://www.idemitsu.com.au/uploads/files/Marketing_MCC_brochure_2.pdf.
Odins PA and Bocking MA (1994) Some variations in Methane Saturation within the Permian Coals of New South Wales. In: Diessel CFK and Boyd RL (eds) Proceedings of the 28th Newcastle Symposium, ‘Advances in the Study of the Sydney Basin’, 40–50. The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia.
Pinetown KL (2012) Geological controls on coal seam gas distribution in the Hunter Coalfield, Sydney Basin, NSW. University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
Pinetown KL (2013) Assessment of the CO2 sequestration potential of coal seams in the Hunter Coalfield, Sydney Basin. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 60, 141–156.
Pinetown KL (2014) Regional coal seam gas distribution and burial history of the Hunter Coalfield, Sydney Basin. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 61, 409–426.
Smith JW, Pallasser R and Rigby D (1992) Mechanisms for coalbed methane formation. In: Beamish BB and Gamson PD (eds) Symposium on Coalbed Methane Research and Development in Australia, Townsville, 63–73.
Smith JW (1999) The development of an understanding of the origins of the Sydney and Bowen Basin gases. In: Mastalerz M, Glikson M and Golding SD (eds) Coalbed Methane: Scientific, Environmental and Economic Evaluation. Kluwer, Dordrecht, 271–277.
Ward CR and Kelly BFJ (2013) Background paper on New South Wales geology with a focus on basins containing coal seam gas, UNSW Global, Australia, for Office of the NSW Chief Scientist and Engineer. Viewed 30 March 2015, http://www.chiefscientist.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/31788/NSW-Geology-Background-Paper_Ward-and-Kelly_UNSW.pdf.
Ward CR, Li Z and Gurba LW (2007) Variations in elemental composition of macerals with vitrinite reflectance and organic sulphur in the Greta Coal Measures, New South Wales, Australia. International Journal of Coal Geology 69, 205–219.
Thomson S, Hatherly P, Hennings S and Sandford J (2008) A Model for Gas Distribution in Coals of the Lower Hunter, Sydney Basin. In: Blevin JE, Bradshaw BE and Uruski C (eds) Eastern Australasian Basins Symposium, Sydney.
Thomson S, Thomson D and Flood P (2014) Observations on the distribution of coal seam gas in the Sydney Basin and the development of a predictive model. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 61(3), 395–407.
Tyler K and Sutherland T (2011) The Duncan Method of Partial Pillar Extraction at Tasman Mine. Coal Operator’s Conference, University of Wollongong, Proceedings. Viewed 30 March 2015, http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1995&context=coal.
Ulan Coal (2015) Glencore, Ulan Coal. Viewed 22 January 2015, http://ulancoal.com.au/EN/Mining/Pages/MiningMethods.aspx.
Umwelt (Australia) Pty Limited (2013) Mangoola Coal water management plan. Viewed 29 October 2014, http://www.mangoolamine.com.au/EN/Publications/ManagementPlans/2013%20Water%20Management%20Plan_Approved_minus%20A2%20to%20A5_Approved.pdf.
Yancoal (2015a) Austar. Viewed 8 January 2015, http://www.yancoal.com.au/icms_docs/187640_Austar_Factsheet_May_2014.pdf.
Yancoal (2015b) Moolarben. Viewed 9 January 2015, http://www.yancoal.com.au/page/key-assets/mines/moolarben/.
Yoo EK, Tadros NZ and Bayly KW (2001) A compilation of the geology of the Western Coalfield. Report GS2001/204. Geological Survey of New South Wales, Sydney.
Product Finalisation date
- 1.2.1 Available coal and coal seam gas resources
- 1.2.2 Current activity and tenements
- 126.96.36.199 Coal
- 188.8.131.52.1 Awaba Colliery
- 184.108.40.206.2 Cumnock Mine
- 220.127.116.11.3 Mannering Colliery
- 18.104.22.168.4 Newstan
- 22.214.171.124.5 Ravensworth Underground Mine
- 126.96.36.199.6 Westside Coal Mine
- 188.8.131.52.7 Ashton Coal Mine
- 184.108.40.206.8 Austar Coal Mine
- 220.127.116.11.9 Bengalla Coal Mine
- 18.104.22.168.10 Bloomfield Coal Mine
- 22.214.171.124.11 Bulga Coal Complex
- 126.96.36.199.12 Chain Valley Colliery
- 188.8.131.52.13 Donaldson Coal Complex
- 184.108.40.206.14 Drayton Mine
- 220.127.116.11.15 Hunter Valley Operations
- 18.104.22.168.16 Integra
- 22.214.171.124.17 Liddell
- 126.96.36.199.18 Mandalong Mine
- 188.8.131.52.19 Mangoola Coal Mine
- 184.108.40.206.20 Moolarben
- 220.127.116.11.21 Mount Arthur Coal Mine Complex
- 18.104.22.168.22 Mount Owen Complex
- 22.214.171.124.23 Mount Thorley–Warkworth
- 126.96.36.199.24 Muswellbrook Coal Mine
- 188.8.131.52.25 Myuna Colliery
- 184.108.40.206.26 Ravensworth Complex
- 220.127.116.11.27 Rix's Creek Mine
- 18.104.22.168.28 Ulan
- 22.214.171.124.29 Wambo Mine Complex
- 126.96.36.199.30 West Wallsend Colliery
- 188.8.131.52.31 Wilpinjong Coal Mine
- 184.108.40.206 Coal seam gas
- 220.127.116.11 Coal
- 1.2.3 Proposals and exploration
- 18.104.22.168 Coal
- 22.214.171.124.1 Bickham Coal Project
- 126.96.36.199.2 Bulga Coal Optimisation Project and Blakefield North Underground Mine
- 188.8.131.52.3 Bylong Coal Project
- 184.108.40.206.4 Chain Valley Modification 1
- 220.127.116.11.5 Dellworth Project
- 18.104.22.168.6 Doyles Creek
- 22.214.171.124.7 Drayton South Coal Project
- 126.96.36.199.8 Drayton Mine Extension Project
- 188.8.131.52.9 Ferndale Project
- 184.108.40.206.10 Kayuga Project
- 220.127.116.11.11 Mandalong Southern Extension
- 18.104.22.168.12 Mangoola Coal Exploration Program
- 22.214.171.124.13 Mannering Colliery Modification 2
- 126.96.36.199.14 Mitchells Flat Project
- 188.8.131.52.15 Monash Deposit
- 184.108.40.206.16 Mount Owen Continued Operations Project
- 220.127.116.11.17 Mount Penny Deposit
- 18.104.22.168.18 Mount Pleasant Mine Project
- 22.214.171.124.19 Spur Hill Project
- 126.96.36.199.20 Wallarah 2
- 188.8.131.52.21 West Muswellbrook Project
- 184.108.40.206 Coal seam gas
- 220.127.116.11 Coal
- 1.2.4 Catalogue of potential resource developments
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product