The surface water model nodes are the locations where streamflow predictions are made. In general, these nodes are located either:
- at streamflow gauges
- above major confluences
- immediately below proposed coal mine and coal seam gas (CSG) developments
- at locations required for receptor impact modelling.
In the Namoi subregion there are 54 model nodes based on the above criteria (Figure 4).
Numbers in red show the contributing area in km2.
More nodes would have helped get a better interpolation, but the aim is to position them strategically to determine maximumat critical locations.
For ease of reporting (see Section 188.8.131.52), model nodes have been numbered from the most downstream node upstream, commencing with node 1 on the Namoi River at Walgett. Numbers progress along the main river channel and up each tributary with a node in the order that tributaries meet the main river channel (Figure 5).
Product Finalisation date
- 184.108.40.206 Methods
- 220.127.116.11 Review of existing models
- 18.104.22.168 Model development
- 22.214.171.124 Calibration
- 126.96.36.199 Uncertainty
- 188.8.131.52 Prediction
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product