A generic methodology for surface water numerical modelling in the Bioregional Assessment Programme appears in companion submethodology M06 (as listed in Table 1) for surface water modelling (). This section describes the departures from that generic methodology that have been applied in the Namoi subregion.
Surface water modelling of the Namoi subregion includes landscape water balance modelling and river modelling. Streamflow inputs are obtained by accumulating output from the Australian Water Resources Assessment (AWRA) landscape model (AWRA-L) for input into the AWRA river model (AWRA-R). Baseflow contributions from the Namoi subregion groundwater model are also fed into the AWRA-R model at points along the river network. Thus, the river model integrates the impacts of mining development on groundwater and surface water systems.
Product Finalisation date
- 18.104.22.168 Methods
- 22.214.171.124 Review of existing models
- 126.96.36.199 Model development
- 188.8.131.52 Calibration
- 184.108.40.206 Uncertainty
- 220.127.116.11 Prediction
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product