There is an existing river system model of the Richmond River that uses Department of Primary Industries’ (DPI Water’s) Integrated Quantity and Quality Model (IQQM), although neither IQQM nor Source IMS will be used in bioregional assessments (BAs). The Richmond river basin has low levels of stream regulation, so the routing parameters in IQQM are not needed for impact predictions, as well as for the reasons outlined in companion submethodology M06 (as listed in Table 1) for the surface water modelling .
The Integrated Quantity and Quality Model (IQQM) is a daily time step river system model which simulates many on river flow including , storage management, fixed demands, irrigation and industrial , as well as water sharing rules . There is an existing IQQM of the Richmond River developed by DPI Water (formerly the NSW Office of Water), although neither IQQM nor the integrated modelling environment software known as Source IMS will be used in (BAs). The Richmond river basin has low levels of stream regulation, so the routing parameters in IQQM are not needed for impact predictions, as well as for the reasons outlined in companion submethodology M06 (as listed in Table 1) for modelling .
The surface water modelling has been undertaken using a rainfall-runoff model – the Australian Water Resources Assessment landscape model (AWRA-L) – which has been calibrated against observed streamflow at several gauging stations. For a discussion of the reasons for the choice of AWRA-L in the Bioregional Assessment Programme, see companion submethodology M06 (as listed in Table 1) for surface water modelling .
Product Finalisation date
- 188.8.131.52 Methods
- 184.108.40.206 Review of existing models
- 220.127.116.11 Model development
- 18.104.22.168 Calibration
- 22.214.171.124 Uncertainty
- 126.96.36.199 Prediction
- 188.8.131.52.1 Annual flow (AF)
- 184.108.40.206.2 Interquartile range (IQR)
- 220.127.116.11.3 Daily streamflow at the 99th percentile (P99)
- 18.104.22.168.4 Flood (high-flow) days (FD)
- 22.214.171.124.5 Daily streamflow at the 1st percentile (P01)
- 126.96.36.199.6 Low-flow days (LFD)
- 188.8.131.52.7 Low-flow spells (LFS)
- 184.108.40.206.8 Longest low-flow spell (LLFS)
- 220.127.116.11.9 Zero-flow days (ZFD)
- 18.104.22.168.10 Summary and conclusions
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product