This section summarises the conceptual understanding of geological and hydrogeological systems of the and how they interact with each other, and specifically builds on information in companion products 1.1, 1.2, 1.5 and 2.1-2.2 for the Galilee subregion (Evans et al., 2014; ; ; and Evans et al., 2018, respectively). It describes the between deep and shallow systems as well as their interaction with the surface water system, thus highlighting the possible pathways through which may be impacted by potential coal resource development in the subregion. Section 2.3.5 discusses specific in the of coal mines and CSG operations.
Some components of the conceptualised geology and contain more detail than others, such as the thickness of overburden in the Galilee subregion and hydrodynamics of major aquifer systems in the Galilee Basin. This is because they have a specific relevance to hydraulic connectivity as well as potential causal pathways in the Galilee subregion.
Product Finalisation date
- 2.3.1 Methods
- 2.3.2 Summary of key system components, processes and interactions
- 2.3.3 Ecosystems
- 2.3.4 Baseline and coal resource development pathway
- 2.3.5 Conceptual model of causal pathways
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product