- Bioregional Assessment Program
- Gwydir subregion
- 1.3 Water-dependent asset register for the Gwydir subregion
The water-dependent asset register is a list of water-dependent assets in the Gwydir subregion. The water-dependent asset register was current in August 2015.
There were 1228 water-dependent assets identified in the Gwydir subregion and included in the water-dependent asset register.
Ecological water-dependent assets
There are 1131 ecological water-dependent assets included on the water-dependent asset register for the Gwydir subregion, some of which are protected under Commonwealth and New South Wales legislation. They include:
- the habitat of 19 threatened or endangered species
- one globally important habitat for birds
- six threatened ecosystems
- 12 assets that rely on groundwater, including aquifers and recharge areas.
Economic water-dependent assets
There are 69 economic water-dependent assets included on the water-dependent asset register for the Gwydir subregion. Assets include water access rights.
Sociocultural water-dependent assets
There are 28 sociocultural assets identified as water-dependent assets and included on the water-dependent asset register. This includes:
- ten heritage sites
- 12 Indigenous sites
- six recreational sites.
Separate reports on Indigenous water assets in the New South Wales parts of the Gwydir subregion are available. These reports include information relevant to this product and contribute to this bioregional assessment.
- 1.3.1 Methods
- 1.3.2 Ecological assets
- 1.3.3 Economic assets
- 1.3.4 Sociocultural assets
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product