Gloucester Coal Ltd (now merged with Yancoal) announced in May 2008 a new coking coal discovery in the Grant and Chainey area about 7.5 km south of the Stratford open pit (Gloucester Coal, 1 May 2008 Market Release). This discovery is in the Clareval and Weismantel seams. Location and resource figures are included in Section 1.2.4. At May 2014, there is no publically released proposal for developing this resource.
Gloucester Coal announced in February 2012, resources and reserves for the Wenham Cox Road area adjacent to the Stratford mining area (Gloucester Coal, 2012). The location and resource figure for this deposit are included in Section 1.2.4 . At August 2014, there is no publically released proposal for developing this resource.
Product Finalisation date
- 1.2.1 Available coal and coal seam gas resources
- 1.2.2 Current activity and tenements
- 1.2.3 Proposals and exploration
- 1.2.4 Catalogue of potential resource developments
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product