In the Central West subregion, there are two proposed coal mine plans and one potential coal exploration project. The Ulan Coal Mines Continued Operations Project has an approved extension of operations which will progress northwards in the complex for up to 18 years. The Cobbora Coal Project has been approved and is a proposed open-cut coal mine that will take approximately 2.5 years to construct and will operate for 21 years. Phoenix Vision Coal Pty Ltd owns an exploration licence in the subregion, although there are no details available for this potential project.
As of October 2014 there are no coal seam gas (CSG) developments planned or proposed in the Central West subregion.
Product Finalisation date
- 1.2.1 Available coal and coal seam gas resources
- 1.2.2 Current activity and tenements
- 1.2.3 Proposals and exploration
- 1.2.4 Catalogue of potential resource developments
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product